The Great Nidd Bike Ride 2019
Thank you to everyone who entered the Great Nidd Bike Ride 2019!
On Saturday 14th September 2019, Arctic to Africa hosted the Third Great Nidd Bike Ride.
The Great Nidd Bike Ride is a chance to get involved with our fundraising efforts for Alzheimer’s Research UK and to challenge yourself with a cycle ride around the Yorkshire Dales!
This year there were two routes:
This route is the harder of the two and goes over Lofthouse.
“The Bumpy One”
This route is more family-friendly.
Both routes started at the Station Hotel, Birstwith and stopped approximately half way at Fearby for a free hot breakfast bap, before finishing back at The Station Hotel, Birstwith where there was be a free BBQ for all riders (Free burger for entered riders. BBQ available for family and friends with donation. Limited availability.)
The Ride included:
- Registration facilities with rider number
- Full rider insurance through British Cycling
- First rest stop with drinks and snacks
- Lunch stop with cooked breakfast sandwich
- Second rest stop with drinks and snacks, kindly provided by the Rapid Response Team (see below for more details)
- De-Registration and certificate
- Coffee and Cakes
- Free BBQ for all riders
- Family and friends welcome to BBQ with a donation to charity.
The entry fee for riders cost £30 and all fees go directly to Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The second rest stop was kindly provided by the Rapid Response Team, they were positioned 3/4 of the way around the route, next to Studley Cricket Ground and served light refreshements to all riders.
Thank you to the Rapid Response Team for volunteering their services to the Great Nidd Bike Ride!
Inspired by community spirit and the gift of giving, a steady movement of volunteer efforts across the globe developed into a committed charitable organisation – now known as the Rapid Response Team (RRT)